Thursday 24 March 2011

Reading and Leeds Festival, My Chemical Romance channelling to queen

Gerard Way is a member of the My Chemical Romance, who said that he plans to channel Freddie Mercury during the band's Reading And Leeds Festivals shows this year.

Accordimg to the new issue of NME he said, "I said to the guys, 'I never want to play this again until we headline'. Kind of what Freddie Mercury once said when Queen were booed offstage at this festival [they were booed off stage at a show in Australia, at the Sunbury Festival in 1974]."

Singer claimed that the band appears heading "something special", and that "we don't care if we lose money or break even."

Reading and Leeds Festival taking place August 26-28. My Chemical Romance headline Friday night in Reading (26) and Saturday night in Leeds (27).

No comments:

Post a Comment